* what we attract and magnetize to ourselves
* How we manifest.

The birth chart indicates both the sign and
the house of the planet

Typically, although not always, the house that a planet is in
will not correspond to the planet that rules the sign. For example, one's
Venus could be Sagittarius and fall in the eighth house. This means that
when you are investigating your Venus you must understand the influences of
both Sagittarius and the eighth house (or Scorpio)

EXPRESSIONS OF VENUS

POSITIVE EXPRESSIONS NEGATIVE EXPRESSIONS

Nurturing co-dependence
Sharing excessive possession
Merging ungroundedness
Detached love fantasies
Beauty self-indulgence
Peace laziness
Magnetism over sensitivity

THE DANCE OF BEINGNESS

Venus embodies a quality of consciousness, which is the pure expression of
the Universal Mind. When the mind is focused on God or the Divine, it
connects with and expresses Love and Wisdom. Through the higher, neutral or
intuitive mind, Venus links the lower and higher minds at the Ajna or Third
Eye. This center is the seat of wisdom. It is the lens through which the
Soul sees the world.

Human life, indeed the universe, is a dance between polarities. The
question is how do we dance the dance. Venus is the dancer. Venus weaves
and harmonizes opposites into complementary partners. In the process she
brings synthesis, unity and grace into our lives.

"Venus's great potency lies in her ability to bring about harmonious
relationships within pairs of opposites, thus furthering creative
manifestation on all levels." (*5) Venus's power lies in her ability to
give humanity a special quality of BEING. When Venus is conscious of her
Soul, she projects a magnetic and radiant light, which aligns with and
embodies universal love.
posted by:
Metaphysics
SF Bay Area
Advertisement

• TANTRA - UNION WITH THE DIVINE

The fact that Venus teaches us how to transmute personal love into universal
    love does not mean that we are obliged to replace personal, sexual
    relationships with a celibate life. Venus is the Goddess of Tantra. Tantra
    is also Pluto's territory and we will discuss his role next issue. Tantra
    refers to the experience where a man and woman interact as the masculine and
    feminine expressions of the Divine.

Libra's relationship to Tantra has to do with the higher mind. Libra rules
    marriage and partnership. Yogi Bhajan reminds us of the spiritual sense of
    the term and how many miss the true meaning of the institution of marriage,
    which implies the merging of souls. He points out that marriage is not
    simply sleeping together, marriage implies being of one mind.

The Divine is such a perfect intermingling of masculine and feminine, that
    union of the two basic forces of the universe is a given. Through sexual
    red Tantra, partners aspire to achieve an experience of this perfect
    integration of masculine and feminine energies. In the physical act of
    creation they experience the force of Divine Love.

Venus wants everyone to experience this perfect union. But as we pointed
    out, a neutral mind is required. When two people have the capacity to hold
    this experience in their own consciousness, they can use sexuality to
    enhance and further induce this powerful, universal reality. This is why
    traditionally the science of Tantra includes both the celibate, individual
    spiritual path and the sexual, partnership path. One does not replace the
    other. In both cases one must be able to hold the vibration of unity within
    one's own consciousness awareness.

• HIGHER LOVE

At its highest expression, love has a very different meaning than the
      personal, personality-centered love we see in the movies and play out in our
      romances. The higher love of Venus is impersonal and detached. It is
      essence energy, disassociated from form. Venus connects us to the higher
      expression of love. She frees us from the dramas of attached love, the
      emotional tribulations of desires, and the astral pull of karma. The higher
      love of Venus perceives the relationship between cause and effect and
      chooses actions that create the desired effects.

Venus teaches us to "Let go and let God." Our most peaceful strategy is to
      surrender to the infinite within and without. For most of us, surrender is
      a path, not a one-time act.

In this higher state of consciousness, we are finally able to attract
      dharmic instead of karmic relationships into our lives. This is the good
      news many have been waiting for and perhaps the motivating factor to learn
      our Venus lessons. For the impersonal, detached love offered by Venus does
      not in any way diminish our experience of love. On the contrary, it

enhances it. Instead of giving up something, we gain what our souls most
      desire - a personal connection with the Divine and someone to share it with.
      As our mind is increasingly focussed on the energy of oneness, our magnetism
      is increased exponentially. We attract to us our soul mate, our destiny
      partner or life companion with whom we can share soul to soul and carry out
      our life's work together.

• RELATIONSHIPS

Almost everyone wants some form of love relationship with another. Venus
        teaches us that we can't attract or maintain what we want with excess
        baggage. In fact, the most profound and hardest lesson Venus teaches us is
        that WE ATTRACT WHAT WE PROJECT. We don't attract storybook perfectionism.
        Baring a miracle, we are invariably draw to us our most challenging life
        issues because that is what we came here to learn. (* 4)

Either we work out our issues before we partner up or we work them out in
        our relationships, or more realistically, both. Venus wants us to be
        comfortable with each other and ourselves. But this requires being
        uncomfortable first and along the way. The good news is that dealing with
        our neuroses, understanding our past, healing and self-reconciliation makes
        us more peaceful, available and magnetic.

Venus teaches us that higher love is a balancing act. To achieve fulfilling
        relationships we must consciously seek internal balance because our inner
        reality creates our outer reality.

Love relationships are such a delicate and complex issue. There are so many
        forms of relationships and all of them help us learn and grow. Venus teaches
        us that we do not need permission or approval to want what we want and we
        have to find our path in our own hearts. Venus also requires that we use
        our heart and our intuition to discriminate.

Venus teaches us that there is a fine line between social morality, which is
        used to control unconscious behavior, and the physical laws of karma. The
        social morality is often an attempt to codify the personal behavior. If we
        want to make our own choices, we have to become consciously aware of how we
        create our own reality and make conscious decisions. If we want to be free
        agents, we still have to live by universal laws. To do so we have to learn
        to extricate guilt and shame trips and the need to please others to receive
        love. Our ultimate guide is the peace we achieve within and the health and
        vitality of our physical body. When we are at peace, we are aligned with
        our own heart and the universe. Only then can we hope to attract the loving
        relationships we desire.

• SYNTHESIS AND INTUITION

Venus's quest is to "reconcile all duality and to create synthesis out of
          polarization." (*1) Venus instinctively seeks to unite, blend, merge and
          harmonize duality and conflict. This is done by transcending the level of
          reality where conflict is the norm and by moving to a higher octave of
          expression. This higher frequency is perceived in the heart and the neutral
          mind and experienced by the soul.

The goal of our individual evolution is to achieve a fusion of our Soul with
          our personality. This happens as our consciousness opens up to the reality
          that exists beyond duality and we actually experience the universal energy
          that binds, unites and holds all manifestations of creation together. (*2))
          This cohesive and omnipresent force is universal love.

The experience of universal love is facilitated through the power of
          intuition. The intuition is activated in the neutral mind. In the neutral
          mind one attains "a focused awareness of the holistic quality of life." (*3)
          Our intuition gives us clarity of perception because it perceives beyond the
          realm of the positive and negative minds. Through intuition we experience a
          sense of harmony that is not possible in the duality of analytic thought.

• SELF-LOVE AND INNER DIRECTION

The most basic Venus question is "How can I love and nurture myself more and
            more each day?" One of our most courageous, and from my observation
            difficult, human acts is SELF-LOVE. One of our most intense challenges is
            to bring our attention home to ourselves in a loving way. One of our most
            honest lessons is to admit that no one else can give us what we already
            have.

SELF-LOVE is a never-ending process. We have to let the neediness,
            the self-destructive beliefs and patterns play out. We have to celebrate
            ourselves and our lives. We have to acknowledge our own value and bring it
            to the surface of our consciousness so the universe can partner it.

Self-love is an internal personal process. We have to bring all parts of
            ourselves to ourselves. When we are truly connected to who we are, the
            feeling won't go away if someone we love leaves for a day or forever.

Abandonment is really letting parts of us leave when another leaves us, i.e.
            we are abandoning ourselves. When we can hold on to our own energy, we can
            attract to us available relationships. We are telling the universe and
            Venus "I am available to a relationship that returns the flow of what I
            give!"

Self-love obliges us to have the courage to live our lives, as we are inner
            directed each day. It means not making others wrong to make ourselves
            right. It means striving to incorporate unconditional love as a daily
            practice. The basis of unconditional love is loving oneself
            unconditionally.

Self-love is not that complicated. But it does take consistent and vigilant
            practice to achieve it. Self-love involves a graceful and accepting attitude
            towards ourselves and includes the following:

* handling ourselves gently
            * monitoring what we are gifting and receiving
            * doing our best to balance the give and take
            * living one moment at a time
            * doing what honors our energy
            * being grateful for our breath and our body
            * choosing to lovingly and caringly monitor what is most appropriate and
            gentle for our body and psyche.
            * holding ourselves in gratitude for who we are and what we share and
            express.

We attract at the level that we vibrate. When we interact with others and
            ourselves with anger or frustration, we feel a sense of separation because
            we energetically cut ourselves off. On the other hand, people are
            magnetically attracted to those who accept themselves because they too find
            acceptance in the auras of those who know and practice self-love. The
            greatest power of attraction is unconditional love. And it all starts with
            self-love.

• CENTERING IN OUR OWN SELVES

Venus invites us to constantly live in the question. How do I step outside
              my own center? How do I create imbalance in my own being? What exactly is
              making me feel uncomfortable? Conversely we are invited to ask -- How can
              I step back into my center? How can I create balance in my own being? How
              can I feel secure and comfortable with myself?

If we don't have what we want and need, then we have to examine our give
              away plan. How are we filling in the gaps and energetic caverns for others?
              Energetic caretaking results in an energetic imbalance. How can we switch
              to holding the space for what we want and opening the pathway to realize our
              own dreams? Others have dreams too. If our pathway is open, and our dreams
              mesh, we can join each other.

• TRUST AND BALANCE

To receive the gifts of Venus we must TRUST. We must also live in a state of
                BALANCE. Hope and trust are not the same thing. Hope is relying on an
                unknown, external power to take care of us in a way that we give away our
                power. Trust is possible when we become part of the process. Trust
                involves an experience of connection with Source. The real capacity to
                trust requires us to be able to hold our own energy and align it with
                unknown forces. In other words, the universe and Venus require our
                participation if we are to have what we want and deserve (and is already
                ours.)

Hope and hopeless often go together because we abdicate our power and
                responsibility to participate. We dump our energy into self-deluding
                prayers, instead of standing in the miracle of what we are co-creating with
                the universe at every moment. Trust and balance are achieved by being in
                constant connection with our Soul. Or at least knowing and accepting that
                something within us besides our mental stories is taking care of us.

PRACTICE - To cultivate this state of Self-trust and balance, it is
                beneficial to devise your own personal exercise where you affirm and
                integrate the connection between your personality and your soul. One
                affirmation I use is " My soul is taking care of me. My soul is attracting
                to me what I need to learn so I can have what I want and do what I came here
                to do. My soul is also helping me release persons and situations that do
                not contribute to my serenity and fulfillment." Then I look at my current
                situation and see the truth in this statement. I stay with it until I feel
                this reality at a very deep level and achieve peace with my current
                situation.

• SELF-HONESTY

Venus wants us to be happy and at peace. Yet Venus puts us through our
                  tests to achieve these gifts. We must align our consciousness with
                  unconditional love to fully receive her gifts. To do this we must be honest
                  with ourselves. That seems simple enough. But in fact, most of us lie to
                  ourselves most of the time. We think we are telling the truth. But our
                  minds are filled with judgments, wishful thinking and illusions. And we are
                  a slave to our blame, victim mentality.

It is not that we are not sincere. The problem is that we are NOT
                  LISTENING. What about that silent voice that tells us - that isn't really
                  want I want. Or the feeling in the pit of our solar plexus that warns us
                  that a certain choice is not really going to work out the way we would like
                  it to. How many ways has our mind developed to convince us that we want and
                  can have what isn't really going to work for us? Why do we conveniently
                  overlook (deny) obvious facts? We are all masters of deception. Let's at
                  least be honest about this!

The problem is that if we lie to ourselves, we lie to others and we lie to
                  the universe. When we lie to the universe, we lie to Venus. She cannot
                  give us what we want if we do not know ourselves what our soul wants this
                  life time. We must send out clear, honest messages.

Where do we start? Honesty starts with LISTENING to our intuition and to
                  the subtle feelings in our bodies that are messages from our soul. Any form
                  of discomfort is a message. Mild stress may simply be a warning to relax
                  and trust. More potent messages like excess fatigue or throwing your back
                  out may be telling us that our current situation is not working for us and
                  advising us to change it. Once we PAY ATTENTION, it is very easy to tell
                  what gives us peace, what makes us happy and what decisions and actions give
                  us energy.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

UNCONSCIOUS VENUS

In both astrology and psychology we often refer to "the dark side" of a
                    planet or to our being. My interpretation of "the dark side" is that it has
                    not been viewed, looked at or illumined yet. I do not look at it as bad. I
                    look at it as unexposed and unexamined. The dark side is primal energy that
                    has not yet been developed. Hidden in all the crevices of our unconscious
                    mind are gifts, talents and the light of our soul. We are here to bring
                    light to all aspects of our being.

The dark side gets its bad reputation from the fact that it creates issues
                    and problems in our lives to get our attention so that we will bring light
                    to that facet of our soul. The process of becoming consciously conscious is
                    generally tedious, trying and challenging to say the least. But the
                    development of awareness is what the human game on Planet Earth is all
                    about. So we might as well get to business, accept and even enjoy the
                    process as much as we can.

• WHAT DOES VENUS ATTRACT?

We would all like to believe that the Venus in us attracts to us perfect
                      partnerships, abundance, prosperity and a beautiful life. We would like
                      Venus to bless us with Divine Love. Venus's goal is to attract all these
                      things. Venus wants everyone to be happy and at peace. Enter the basic
                      laws of the universe - Like attracts like. Venus attracts to us what is in
                      our own psyche. If we are in duality, we attract conflict. If we are
                      needy, we attract abandonment. If we are angry, we attract confrontation.

Ooops. Not what we had in mind! Fortunately, however, there is a built in
                      mechanism within us where we simultaneously attract experiences that cause
                      us to grow spiritually and materially so that we can attract peace and love
                      into our lives. Through Venus's lessons we gain clarity about what really
                      gives us a sense of satisfaction, a feeling of peace and an experience of
                      harmony. In the process we cultivate the consciousness that allows us to
                      attract the harmony and the joy that we came here to experience.

VENUS LESSONS

Venus lessons involve love, partnership, money, sharing and giving.
                      Ultimately Venus teaches us how to infuse Divine love into the human
                      experience. Venus teaches us how to spiritualize matter. Venus teaches us
                      how to express Divine love in our daily lives. Venus infuses higher love
                      into our material and sensual world. Venus teaches us how to transmute
                      personal love into universal love.

• ATTRACTION AND MAGNETISM

Venus is the force within each of us that gives us the ability to attract
                        other people, partners, circumstances, material possessions and abundance
                        into our lives. Venus gives us the power of personal magnetism. Venus
                        determines our taste in friends, our romantic instincts, and our sense of
                        courtesy and diplomacy.

UNIFICATION

Venus's primal desire is for union with the Divine. The urge to merge is
                        her existential motivation.

FEELINGS

Venus expresses herself through feelings and sensations. Venus is our
                        primal instinct that gives us the ability to connect with what gives us
                        pleasure in the physical form.

OUR QUEST FOR LOVE

It is said that every act, thought and communication is either an attempt to
                        receive or to give love. In our moments of emotional honesty, most of us
                        would admit this is true.

The essence of our Soul is love. When our Soul is not in the physical body,
                        it experiences pure love. This is substantiated by those coming back from
                        near death experiences and when one tunes into souls that have left the
                        physical plane. Their message is invariably about the blissful state of
                        love and non-separation from the Divine.

The challenge of human existence is to experience Love while in a human
                        body. Our soul comes to Planet Earth to experience love in physical reality.

I still remember very vividly watching a video of a class with Yogi Bhajan.
                        He asked us to rise above the Earth and experience what it was like to view
                        the Earth from an out-of-body vantage point. I got in touch with being a
                        Soul floating above the Earth and being offered the opportunity to come to
                        Planet Earth to experience love as a human being. I was so excited about
                        the prospect. Then I experienced a lifetime where I was tortured when I
                        tried to open my heart to another human being. I felt the anguish of my
                        soul. I felt so deceived.

Then I left my body again and I felt myself as a Soul floating in the purity
                        of Divine Love. I was offered another opportunity to come to Planet Earth
                        to experience love in the human body. Again I was in the human body, filled
                        with insufferable pain from the inability to connect with the love that I
                        craved but could not connect with.

In a matter of a few minutes I relived
                        this scenario of passionate promise, accompanied by naïve and sincere hope
                        and then unbearable painful sadness. I was simultaneously disappointed,
                        angry, and devastated. I sat there sobbing uncontrollably until I had no
                        more tears to shed. I passed out, totally worn out from the experience that
                        was almost to real to bear.

Who can help us connect with the love we all came here to experience? Venus
                        is our mentor and teacher. It is her assignment is to assist us in our
                        quest to re-unite with Divine Love.

WHO IS VENUS?

Venus is the Goddess of Higher Love. Venus rules the law of attraction and
                        magnetism. Her territory includes the following:

THE BEAUTY OF LIFE

Venus softens the edges, absorbs the blows and rounds the corners so life
                        has a flow, a rhythm and a beauty to it. Venus accentuates the aescetic,
                        the refined and the delicate aspects of life. It is the Venus in us who writes
                        poetry, watches the sunset and hugs our lover. Venus is the artist, the
                        romantic, and the enjoyer of life.

HARMONY AND PEACE

Venus is our emotional and mental circuitry that facilitates the release of
                        tension and stress. Venus helps us maintain harmony and peace, both within
                        and without. Venus is our aesthetic indicator. Our Venus determines what
                        colors, music, food and forms we like. Our heart is soothed when we are
                        surrounded by things and in environments that we perceive as beautiful.
                        Venus's principal goal is to help us sustain a sense of serenity as we face
                        the challenges of life.

Recent topics in "Intuitive Astrology"