Advertisement

Saturn in the 5th House

topic posted Mon, November 10, 2008 - 10:07 PM by  Metaphysics
Share/Save/Bookmark

Saturn is a teacher. He challenges us to do more with our lives. He tests us to make us stronger. Saturn’s lesson for every one may be different, it all depends on what your soul needs to learn.

Usually you are given three tests over the course of the two years he visits. The first test is kind of an introduction to the problem or issue you are supposed to deal with. By the time the second test is given, you should come up with a game plan and be prepared to take action. If you have not resolved an issue, learned a karmic lesson or changed something in your life that needs changing, the third test is very difficult. You could feel overwhelmed. But Saturn is not a heavy handed, bad guy. He will reward you greatly for a job well done and lessons learned. If you meet each test and challenge that comes, there are wonderful benefits at the end of this cycle.

Most of the time, we hang onto things that are no longer necessary in our life; perhaps a dead end job, a bad marriage, a poor self esteem and the like. Saturn wants to help you get rid of what is holding back to make room for better things in your life.

The job of Saturn in the 5th is building the courage to express our personalities. While the negative side of this potentially negative planet is to suppress the joyous impulses of this self-important house, holding yourself back is not the point. The planet needs the power of the human heart, one person at a time, starting with you. Planning and building a framework for your creativity is a gift to all of us. Saturn provides the planning and training, 5th house the talent and stage on which to present it. This passage through 5th is a chance to face the excesses and insufficiencies of ego, to temper them with training and direct personal power with creativity, generosity and love.

And let me spoil the secret of Saturn in the 5th house right away. No one else’s love is ever going to fulfill us like our own. No matter how respected we are, no matter how many people are into our creative thing, we will never find the inner satisfaction that we seek through what everyone else thinks about us. So if we’re going to fulfill a creative goal, either do it to be of service, or do it for your own satisfaction (or both). If, deep down, we are hoping for other’s love, admiration, or approval, the next couple of years may feel like a very long time. This is even more important if you were born with Saturn in Leo or in the 5th house.
posted by:
Metaphysics
SF Bay Area
Advertisement
  • Re: Saturn in the 5th House

Mon, November 10, 2008 - 10:08 PM

The Fifth House: Do What You Wanna Do

The traditional name for the Fifth House is the House of Creativity, and so it is only natural that this house would also encompass children, risk-taking, and romance—all creative (and risky!) endeavors. It's also the house of investments, another risky area.

The natural house ruler here, of course, is Leo, and the associated planet is the Sun. People who wonder if they'll ever find the right creative outlet would do well to study their fifth house: it's possible the answer is right through Door No. 5.

Getting Creative.

Your fifth-house sign describes the nature of your creativity and self-expression, and its ruler indicates how and where you develop your abilities to express yourself. The house

where Leo, its corresponding natural sign, lies shows where your creativity and purpose are released and what area of your life will provide your creative potential.

Saturn in the Fifth House

Disciplined fifth-house Saturn needs to learn how to relax and have a good time, and for this serious, responsible planet, that's not always easy. Because of its seriousness, Saturn's fifth-house creativity is often channeled as Aspiring.

People with Saturn in the Fifth House also show structure and organization in art and music and an ability to be creative in politics and business management. They may work in a business associated with investments, speculation, education, places of entertainment, or the arts. It also can manifest as ambition for leadership or power in artistic areas. Usually, there are serious responsibilities concerning one's children—or the person may not be able to have children. These people are often romantically attracted to those who are older or more mature.
    • Unsu...

Re: Saturn in the 5th House

Wed, November 12, 2008 - 11:37 AM
      I have this one too
      Saturn in 5th house
      You perhaps feel unloved and unappreciated. Romances can turn cold. Love affairs are serious and you may feel emotionally and creatively inhibited. Because of your emotional restriction, you can appear to be cold, unloving, and unresponsive. This prevents you from being as popular as you would like to be. You have a desire for others to look up to you. It is difficult for you to relax. Personal interests and hobbies need to serve a practical purpose for you in order for you to enjoy them. Parenthood may be a burdensome responsibility and you may be too restrictive towards your kids. It is difficult for you to show your love and appreciation. You need to learn how to express your feelings towards those you love, and not just through the giving of presents and material things. It is important for you to forget yourself and to learn to project warmth to others.

Thu, November 13, 2008 - 12:51 AM

That's one way of looking at it - I have this too, what might be another way, an Empowering way, or a positive interpretation to this?

Western Astrology....I mean what would be the point of Astrology if it was just the gloom and doom - shouldn't Astrology teach us how to navigate through life and with the Stars and houses?

just thinking this way will make it so

it's all in our heads, why not make the best of it ...

Why would Saturn feel unloved or turn cold in the house of Love and expression?

and why would love affairs and emotions feel creatively inhibited? I mean for the most part don't our emotions have to do with the Moon?

"emotional restriction"? How about Emotional Maturity? on and on ...

don't buy into this type of Astrology, it's Wickked

Saturn is the ruler of Capricorn who is the Unicorn -which house do you have Capricorn in? Mine is the third house, then we would look for Saturn in our chart and mine being in the 5th house - my need for exchanging ideas, learning, communicating is in the house of love and romance ...I mean what could be better?

Mystical Unicorn
        astrotribe.tribe.net/thread/...96ba4e25

The unicorn is a symbol of purity, hope, love, and majesty.

'Well, now we have seen each other,' said the unicorn, 'if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you. Is that a bargain?' --Lewis Carroll
        • Unsu...

Thu, November 13, 2008 - 4:15 AM
          Well I read liz green book about saturn and she also said something about feeling unloved and being undemostrative, and that person with saturn in fifith house is hiding sensitivity under cold mask, and how saturn creates problem with self expression…
          It is dangerous to believe in those texts couse that’s when it becomes reall

I agree that our emotions are more influenced by the moon
          Maybe showing affection is related to venus, and my venus is in virgo, so that’s why I can somewhat relate with this saturn in fifith house description, not all, it is way to dramatized.

I read somewhere that saturn in fifth is good for business, gives good menagement skills, couse of its serious approach and also that saturn here can be very good for creative projects that take forever to do and require endless patience.

I also dont think that saturn in fifith house is necessary bad, it adds seriousness, so like you said it makes people emotionaly mature in some matters, more grounded, its deffinately not flaunty

Fifth house is a fun house and I feel like I have to deserve to have fun, if im at some party and I didn’t finish my work, I don’t feel good, and I cant relax, so I need to finish my work in order to have fun. But when I finish my work, I can party with no restrictions.
          So saturn gives responsibility, that’s good
          anyway capricorn is in my eight house and also my ninth house starts in capricorn

• Unsu...

Thu, July 8, 2010 - 6:25 PM
            I have Saturn in the 5th and I find it very hard to relax and express myself. At least in public view anyway. I find solace in literature and music. I'm slowly beginning to loosen up.. slowly.

Thu, July 15, 2010 - 1:26 PM
              I have Capricorn in the cusp, its ruler is saturn. This thread has been useful in a way. Saturn rules there.
              I think I am a bit too structured at times. I quit learning a language because I thought I won't make use of it for business despite the fact I liked how it sounded. I like sports and competing with myself. Even things I do for fun has to have a purpose. I definitely feel Saturn there.

Recent topics in "Intuitive Astrology"